Who needs a certified translation?

If you ever move to/spend a bit of time in another country, you will at some point need a certified translation of an official document.

The most common types of certified translations are required for:

  • birth/marriage/divorce certificates
  • degrees and transcripts
  • academic references - and other documents to support a university application
  • legal documents - e.g. insurance letters, wills
In some cases, an existing certified translation may no longer be valid and a new certified translation may be required.
If you're unsure about the type of translation you need, read my article on certified translation or drop me a line.

Why choose me

Professional linguist with 15 years' experience
Translator, teacher & interpreter since 2004
Chartered Member of CIOL
Member of IAPTI

Translation experience
Certified translation of official documents:
- birth/marriage/divorce certificates
- diplomas, transcripts & references
- legal/medical/insurance documents
Academic articles/literary essays
Business/marketing communications
CRM software

Interpreting experience
Court hearings
Medical and work-related
Edinburgh International Film Festival 2010
Arts/cultural events
'Fixer' for French TV

Teaching experience
Language assistant at prestigious Fettes College
Teacher at 4 leading UK universities
- University of Oxford (ongoing)

First degree in English Studies
MSc in Translation Studies
Professional Graduate Diploma In Secondary Education (French & Spanish)